1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prog scan + component out + small speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Margyle, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Margyle

Margyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

As a first time buyer I've spent what seems like an eternity reading up on the ins and outs of dvd players and home cinema systems.

I've bought a Toshiba 28ZD26 tv so am now looking for the perfect all-in-one home cinema system to accompany it.

As the tv has component video input, I'm after a dvd system with prog scan / component output. Multiregion preferred. Doubling as a decent cd player. Price range, anything up to about £800.

Now here's the hard bit. The Mrs specifically wants small bookcase-style speakers (I'll get away with the sub of course). And not just any small speakers, they have to be silver/platinum/steel (you know what I mean).

For this very reason my ideal choice, the black Jamo DVR50 / A305 has been blown out of the water.

I intend to just keep on hunting but in the meantime any advice on here or by PM would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panny SCHT900/500???
    SCST1 etc.
    maybe look at seperate system as your requirements are quite specific and if you found one thats fits on paper, it might not be in the performance or budget bracket you are looking for!

3. Margyle

Margyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks hornydragon. I'm actually now thinking of buying the DVR50 but with Jamo's A410 pdd speaker system instead.

Any feedback again hugely appreciated.

Cheers.

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
  5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Havent heard/seen the Jamo gear so can't comment further sorry mate. Get ademo and see what you think!