1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog player and lip sync

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pacemaker, Dec 14, 2003.

1. pacemaker

pacemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    is it a fact all prog players can suffer from lip sync (ls)?
    i have a iscan ultra at mo and notice ls on some discs, mainly music dvds
    remember once seeing a expensive denon with far worse a problem and threads on hear suggest it also
    question is is it an inherant characteristic of video processing and will be there if i remove the iscan and have it done in the player?

2. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi mate I also had an iscan ultra mainly to improve picture from sky got rid in the end as could not live with the lip sync, I now have a jvc drm1 not as good at deinterlacing as the iscan I think but you can watch a live feed through it with out any noticeable lip sync problems, I think its great I run my sound from the drm1 via coax to my amp and I was stunned not to see the lip-sync issue surely it does not delay the audio to keep it in line with the video whatever it works anyway.:clap:

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    any processing applied to the video feed will slow down the signal
    it dosent realy matter if the dvd player does it or an external scaler/de-interlacer. this is why plasma suffers still further as the plasma will use it own scaler as well to convert signal to progressive, or to its native resolution.

there are devices you can buy to slow the audio signal and good quality amps will have a sound delay feature as well.