Profigold PGV7000 Oxypure High Def Scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by LiquidTV, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Any comments on how this lead performs. It's all too easy to get carried away (I have already!!) spending hundreds of pounds on leads. However, I'm after a decent scart lead to connect from Sony DVD to my Sony CRT TV. This particular lead seems to perform well. I don't want to spend more than £50 if possible.

2. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Come on guys, don't let me down...I have also been considering the IXOS XHT611 range. Any thoughts. reviews etc??

3. Legin76

Legin76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just got one of these today. I can say that there is cetatinly quite a bit improvment between that and the standard cable. When connected between my sky box and projector it's less noticable than on my TV, I can certainly see better colours and the picture is sharper. I've not tried any other cables but I don't think there could be much more of an improvment.

I got mine from here as well as the oxypure component cable, it was free delivery and they arrived next day :D. I can't really review the component cable though as I've not got anything to compare it against. See http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160998

4. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Legin76,
    Anyone provide any comments regarding the IXOS?? WHich of the two performs best??

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not tried the cable you mention.
    For about £50 you can get change buying a Ixos XHT601 which is an excellent cable, you won't get much change but the QED Sqart or Audioquest G-Scart will give a significant improvement.
    And if you push a little bit further you should find VanDenHul's THESCART and Audioquest's X-Scart Which will reward you for the extra.