1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proffesional installers

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by paiger, Feb 2, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I had ITVD in my house I installed FT125 'Satellite cable' which is double shielded and gives a cleaner signal. This was ideal because the guy could use this for my Sky installation with no further messing about. However, he informed me that it wasn't satellite cable but that it 'would do'. He told me satellite cable is called 'CT100' and is white. Forgive me if I'm mistaken but isn't this bog standard coax downlead for UHF. Anyway, my installation works perfectly, even in last nights storm. My point is that he (and others) are going around installing sky with cable that is not up to the job, no wonder people get problems. Any thoughts?

S

2. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He has told you a load of tosh.
    CT100 can be had in brown black or white......
    in some circles FT125 is considered the same as or even better than CT100.
    an important consideration is that the foil screen should be made of copper for outdoors........ As Aluminium tends to deteriorate with the weather.
    JPC

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, mines copper shielded and extremely high quality. It just amused me that he felt that a cheapo CT100 cable would do a better job.