Question Professional Projector in Home Theater

Jerrion

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have the chance (if the person still has it) to buy a iEIKI LC-HDT10 for around $300 US. According to the seller it comes with 4 working bulbs and works. It appears to be missing the DVI input card but has a 5-bnc connector card. I found I can buy some adapters for around $30 US.

My question is. Is it worth it? I have a throw distance in my living room of about 9-10 feet. Will the projector even work at that low a distance? If I have to get it repaired will I have to just throw it away? I thought about waiting for a 4k projector but they are quiet expensive currently. Decent 1080p projectors are quiet expensive as well. I cant seem to find any info about setting it up at home or any reviews on the product so any input would be very helpful.

More info here:
EIKI LC-HDT10 3 LCD Projector

Thanks in advance!

I know nothing about the projector, and can't comment on the throw, but looking at the specs you linked to....

Audible Noise: 46.0 dB

I would not want that in my living room!

That's a good point. I think it might ruin quiet scenes. I have been trying to talk my self out of it all day. Its just such a good price *given its a 10 year old piece of tech

'ts just such a good price' - think about it :)

Free would be an OK price for a 10 year old unit - it is going in a skip otherwise!

Joe

That's a good point. I think it might ruin quiet scenes.
That's too loud for any scenes! Also this thing weighs about 38 kilos.

I would keep looking if I were you. This projector looks completely unsuitable for home use. Last year I got an 8 year old second hand Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector for £200. It has all of the features of the one you are considering, but has HDMI inputs, is only 19dB in eco mode and a great Full HD picture.

'ts just such a good price' - think about it :)

Free would be an OK price for a 10 year old unit - it is going in a skip otherwise!

Joe

That's too loud for any scenes! Also this thing weighs about 38 kilos.

I would keep looking if I were you. This projector looks completely unsuitable for home use. Last year I got an 8 year old second hand Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector for £200. It has all of the features of the one you are considering, but has HDMI inputs, is only 19dB in eco mode and a great Full HD picture.
Thanks for the info! I am definitely not going to get it then. Guess its time to keep an eye out for a more consumer friendly, newer and quieter unit!

Thanks

Would be able to knock the central heating thermostat back a notch or two :)

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom