• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Product Replacement - What to Expect

MikeNolan

Novice Member
I have just been advised that due to a long delay in getting a replacement part that the Extended Warranty Insurers are going to "write off" my TV. It is a New for Old policy, but as my TV is no longer manufactured does anyone know what I can hope for as a replacement. It was a 42", but now only 46" upwards available. I've got to wait for a letter to arrive some time next week with their offer. I paid £950 for the TV but does anyone know if the replacement value is the RRP or the price paid. The TV was discounted by £100 when I got it.

MikeNolan

Novice Member
It's a PS42Q97. I got a good deal on the 5 year warranty too, and this will lapse upon replacement of TV so I'll have to spend money on a new warranty. Although the model is listed on the Samsung Website this seems to be for product support, and the usual high street outlets do not carry it any more as it is a Series 4 TV which has been superceded, and they are concentrating on 6 & 7 releases. And I'm not sure I want an exact replacement as I was not happy with motion judder on football & cricket.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
An equivalent of your Samsung would be the Panasonic 42PX80 and if it were me, that is what I would be pushing for.It will be a superior TV to the Samsung but roughly the same sort of price.

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Is it safe to assume then that I will be sent money to the value of how much a typical set would cost today as opposed to them giving me a list of alternatives and supplying it themselves. I think I'd like the opportunity of going full HD, but the price on Full HD Plasmas might be prohibitive. Also, I think I'd like to smuggle in a 46" model too. Hope the missus does not notice the extra 4" though.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom