Product perfection - is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by moob, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. moob

moob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    It appears that while I've been reading through the countless threads on this forum, for some time now in the angst-ridden task of attempting to narrow down my search for a new tv, that every single manufacturer/model of lcd has one issue or another. If it isn't the Sharp XD1E series, it's the Samsung (insert any series you chose) - ad infinitum.

It is therefore relatively easy to arrive at the conclusion that these products do not undergo any significant pre-market testing/benchmarking. It appears that flat panel manufacturers leave the product testing down to the consumer, a bit like another Global company we all know, owned by a Mr Gates.

I may be cynical about this, but I'm pretty sure there is not a model of lcd panel out there that doesn't have at least one fault/glitch/call it whatever you wish.

Now, I don't think everyone is striving for absolute perfection, it is pretty much impossible when it comes to electronic goods, but does anyone else feel that the consumer is being used as the proverbial guinea pig here?