Processors - Dealer Margins

gazzerr

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been speaking to a few dealers about buying a high end processor either a Tag or Arcam. Most have recommended the Arcam over the Tag saying that it is more musical. Does anyone know if the margins to the dealers on these two products is the same or do they have a financial interest in pushing one brand over another?

I wouldn't trust a salesperson's comments alone.

Especially at the price point of the Processors you mention.
Demo them both and try and get demo's with same amplification your going to be using and speakers for that matter.

I think sevenoaks allow home demo period which is ultimately the best way to demo them.

Bry

DOH :blush:

I just got in from work and need sleep.

No worries. There was a richer sounds in Amsterdam but not sure if it's still surviving or not. ;)

Problem is that I would need to borrow all the kit including amp and speakers which would be a bit much for the luggage allowance on easy jet.

Dealers should know which is better and I noticed that when I arrived at one demo the staff were watching a DVD so it is interesting to see which kit they used for their personal use.

If the margin is the same then I can't see why they would have any particular self interest from a financial point of view to push one brand over another. Of course peoples tastes are different so I recognise that I may not agree with someone else's subjective opinion.

Alright Gazz

Dealers should know which is better and I noticed that when I arrived at one demo the staff were watching a DVD so it is interesting to see which kit they used for their personal use.

I think sometimes, the retailer will have the *latest* unit on display ie. the Arcam over the TAG for instance.
The AV8 is newer than the AVR32 so i would expect to see more Arcam's on display (assuming they have one main demo room) than perhaps the TAG modules.

In a Sevenoaks near me, they have the AV8 on show, & the TAG DVD32R + AVR32 sitting on a fancy rack in the hallway leading to the demo room..(not connected).

I've found a few places seem to 'display' the newest additions over the 'older' modules.......I expect the TAG AVR192 to take centre stage when it's available

Adzman

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom