processor to amp cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by monkeyboy69, Jul 21, 2004.

1. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This may sound like a silly question but when going from a processor to an amp do I have to use single phono cables or can I just use normal interconnects?
    Am I naive in thinking that interconnects are just 2 phono cables slapped together.
    Also I'm trying to source a reasonably cheap but good quality cable for the job can anyone point me in the right direction , I was going to budget for about £20 for a single phono but can't find anything in that price range - any recommendations, please :lease:
    to be used for connecting an AV8 upto an amp

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    If you're thinking of interconnects for something as good as an AV8,it would be worth spending perhaps a bit more on the interconnects,maybe not all at once,but certainly over time.

In your price range,there are cables from both IXOS and QED that would be suitable in price terms,but further up the range,it's worth looking at Kimber,Chord,Nordost,VanDen Hul and similar,to get the most out of the AV8.

You can use the sort of cables you've described,but most of the better quality cables come as single runs of cable bundled as a pair.

You'll find that this sort of question brings out loads of answers,from the belivers and sceptics,and the best way is to try a few cables,and see what results you get....FWIW,I use a mixture of Kimber and Nordost,and with a decent system,you definitely can hear a difference.