processor confusion help please

den9112

Hi, i have seen a couple of laptops i am intrested in but i cannot seem to get one with all the specs i want , anyway i always looked for the intel dual core first and if it didnt have that i would bypass it . I have seen one that fits all my requirements apart from the processor which is a AMD Turion 64X2 Processor TL60 , now i dont know a great deal but i believe the intel to be superior , i dont do gaming but i do a lot of digital mapping , could anyone advice on the AMD in relation to a intel . I f their is not a lot of difference i believe i may have found my laptop . Thanks

planetse

Novice Member
For years I always used AMD processors over Intel ones, but not now days. AMD (especially mobile processors) are lagging behind Intel these days right across the board.

Ok you’re not looking at gaming but that aside you still require speedy processers for your money. This link (one of many I could post) shows how far behind AMD is. End of it all AMD only if you’re on a tight budget.
X-bit labs - Meet Intel Wolfdale: Core 2 Duo E8500, E8400 and E8200 Processors Review (page 7)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom