Procella Audio Speaker Thread

Maybe i was thinking like that as well, an introduction. If theyd of been p6 i probably would of jumped. I never got the price list so have no idea on costs etc…

Maybe i was thinking like that as well, an introduction. If theyd of been p6 i probably would of jumped. I never got the price list so have no idea on costs etc…
I thought Rich sent you a price list ?
hard to pin down prices but I guess a P6 is around £1450.00 to £1800
there is a fair markup on Procella so there should be some leeway on price

as they would be more of a match I could always try and sell my KK Quattro's and get P5 for heights

I thought Rich sent you a price list ?
hard to pin down prices but I guess a P6 is around £1450.00 to £1800
there is a fair markup on Procella so there should be some leeway on price

as they would be more of a match I could always try and sell my KK Quattro's and get P5 for heights
No, never got anything.

P6 MK2 is £1800 including taxes and P5 is £995 from when I bought mine.

@Lesmor I think the P8 would work in your room, they can do full THX levels up to a 6m long room and 4m to main listening position. P28 would be even better I suppose, but not absolutely necessary. Couldn't you build out a small baffle wall just where the screen sits, so you have enough depth for the speakers?

@Lesmor I think the P8 would work in your room, they can do full THX levels up to a 6m long room and 4m to main listening position. P28 would be even better I suppose, but not absolutely necessary. Couldn't you build out a small baffle wall just where the screen sits, so you have enough depth for the speakers?
Hi
thanks for the response it is appreciated

I agree for L/C/R it would have to be a minimum of P8

a P8 is 200 deep by the time you allow for a bit of clearance
2 layers of plasterboard
1 layer of MDF plus 1" of acoustic treatment
plus clearance from the back of the screen I would lose a fair bit of room length which then pushes my room close to being square which acoustically would be unacceptable

aesthetically it would be great to hide the centre and get the L/R speakers on the wall each side of the screen

to be fair the easiest solution is just to accept my existing compromised centre speaker position
everything sounds fantastic and its hard to imagine it sounding better

Good suggestion but that’s a lot of upheaval for only the centre speaker behind the screen

Hi

2 layers of plasterboard
plus clearance from the back of the screen I would lose a fair bit of room length which then pushes my room close to being square which acoustically would be unacceptable

aesthetically it would be great to hide the centre and get the L/R speakers on the wall each side of the screen

to be fair the easiest solution is just to accept my existing compromised centre speaker position
MSO Multisub Optimiser with the Trinnov +4 and peq filters worked a treat for me, worth trying

Hi

2 layers of plasterboard

Agree lot of aggro for the center only. Tbh im now looking for stands for my 1723s for when we move

True, hiding speakers is always a pain to do, I don't think you'd need much more than 200mm depth though and it could be a fairly simple wooden frame the size of the screen. It's worth it if they sound as good as (my) Procella system though!

True, hiding speakers is always a pain to do, I don't think you'd need much more than 200mm depth though and it could be a fairly simple wooden frame the size of the screen. It's worth it if they sound as good as (my) Procella system though!
a easy option is just to move the screen forward and hang the speaker on the wall but from what I have read the screen needs to be 300mm from the speaker
to mitigate comb filtering the whole area behind the screen needs to be acoustically treated

how is your baffle wall constructed ?

What screen is it? Does the manufacturer recommend 300mm?

Mine are build into a cabinet as I have a solid projection screen and a TV. I have done what I can in terms of filling in the gaps with acoustic wadding etc around the speakers, but it's far from an ideal setup.

What screen is it? Does the manufacturer recommend 300mm?

Mine are build into a cabinet as I have a solid projection screen and a TV. I have done what I can in terms of filling in the gaps with acoustic wadding etc around the speakers, but it's far from an ideal setup.
Thanks for the feedback
any pictures ?
in this hobby there are always compromises

the screen manufacturer does not make any recommendations but carrying out due diligence and research,
to prevent the screen moving with sound waves a suggested 300 clearance but that depends if is a perforated or woven screen

researching a baffle wall brings up all kind of issues, a THX baffle wall would be my target
but some people just build a false wall with nooks for the speakers and a large space behind it and call it a day
IMO that could have its own issues

so there is no easy solution

I have just glanced over MSO never looked into it in any great detail?
Well worth looking at. I got better results with that in my room that I did manually.
I think I looked at/helped you with your current config, I'd be happy to help again if you want to dive in on the MSO thread.

It's a bit of an art rather than a science getting it to behave the way you need it to, but there's plenty of good info and after a couple of runs you should have a good handle on it.

Well worth looking at. I got better results with that in my room that I did manually.
I think I looked at/helped you with your current config, I'd be happy to help again if you want to dive in on the MSO thread.

It's a bit of an art rather than a science getting it to behave the way you need it to, but there's plenty of good info and after a couple of runs you should have a good handle on it.
yes you were kind enough to look at my REW data a few times and make some useful suggestions
I keep hoping Trinnov release the promised subwoofer update
since getting the Trinnov I just ran the Optimiser and haven't touched REW to verify the results so I suppose it is well overdue
I will have a look for the MSO thread
thanks guys I am off out so will be back later

I hope everyone is well.

Did anybody's Procellas come with gel pads on the back? The original owner of my P6 and P6V MK2s told me that they came with these already on. They told me that I should leave them on to prevent cabinet resonance. I had already taken them off, though before he replied, as I didn't see them in any stock photos online, and I thought having them as flush to the wall would increase performance. I'm not sure if I should try to get some replacements, or leave the speakers as they are. I have my LCR on foam, the centre flush against my wall (wall is lined with FineFlock velvet fabric), and L and R with some toe-in with just the outer edges touching the wall. I asked a fellow owner of 9x P6 MK1s and he told me that his did not come with gel pads. I wonder if this was a new addition for the MK2s and if so, what changed in particular with regards to performance from the MK1s not needing them, and the MK2s needing them.

Kind thanks

There's no mention of pads in the P6 Mk2 manual, just some small silicon feet which are mainly of use to provide spacer for a cable run as the wall bracket arrangement is totally is flush with wall, however if you are sitting the speakers on a plinth, can't see any benefit at all.
P6 Mk2 Manual

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom