Procella Audio Speaker Thread

for what its worth one of my concerns with changing is going from a system with 28mm tweeters with a waveguide and 2 x 8" drivers per cabinet, the closest Procella would be a P28

IMO in my situation the P5 would be a downgrade

what seems to be important when choosing Procella if you want THX performance is the distance to the MLP
even a P6 only gives you THX performance at 2 meters to MLP which as surrounds that wouldn't reach the middle of my room width

for me the attraction of Procella is the compression tweeter

I agree with @Jase you need a member who has compared both preferably in the same room

Last edited:
for what its worth one of my concerns with changing is going from a system with 28mm tweeters with a waveguide and 2 x 8" drivers per cabinet, the closest Procella would be a P28

IMO in my situation the P5 would be a downgrade

what seems to be important when choosing Procella if you want THX performance is the distance to the MLP
even a P6 only gives you THX performance at 2 meters to MLP which as surrounds that wouldn't reach the middle of my room width

for me the attraction of Procella is the compression tweeter

I agree with @Jase you need a member who has compared both preferably in the same room
I’ve not heard arendal, but have heard many hi end systems and also owned a lot, MK and B&W 700 series, and signature RBH,
If the cost and space of the P28 are doable, I’ve head nothing better For movies.

I’ve not heard arendal, but have heard many hi end systems and also owned a lot, MK and B&W 700 series, and signature RBH,
If the cost and space of the P28 are doable, I’ve head nothing better For movies.
I sometimes hate this hobby
who would have thought changing projector screen would expose you to so many issues and potential expense

yeah I have owned quite a few different speakers over the years Infinity Kappas, MK S-150 Ken Kreisel Quattro's and now Arendal

when I started thinking of Procella I thought P5V would be fine but agree that P28 would probably be a closer match to what i have

my front wall doesn't even have the depth to accommodate a P8 IW
the ideal would be a baffle wall with speakers behind the screen but I now realise that would reduce my room length enough to basically make it square something that my OCD would not live with

so as things stand at the moment I am in limbo

I sometimes hate this hobby
who would have thought changing projector screen would expose you to so many issues and potential expense

yeah I have owned quite a few different speakers over the years Infinity Kappas, MK S-150 Ken Kreisel Quattro's and now Arendal

when I started thinking of Procella I thought P5V would be fine but agree that P28 would probably be a closer match to what i have

my front wall doesn't even have the depth to accommodate a P8 IW
the ideal would be a baffle wall with speakers behind the screen but I now realise that would reduce my room length enough to basically make it square something that my OCD would not live with

so as things stand at the moment I am in limbo

Yes an AT screen setup is a different beast, and it does need some thought!

Frankly, With your current setup, I don’t think P5 as LCR is comparable, you need a P6 at least

Yes an AT screen setup is a different beast, and it does need some thought!

Frankly, With your current setup, I don’t think P5 as LCR is comparable, you need a P6 at least
unless I don@t understand the Procella marketing
from what I have read with my MLP at 4 meters a P6 wouldn't meet reference
for L/C/R I think I would need a minimum of P8 ?
as you can see I am even questioning that
I also note there are only 2 owners on here and they ended up upgrading from there original choice

@Lesmor I’m at 3m to MLP, so P6 works for me, the trouble with the P8 for LCR behind screen is that sloped front, if you cannot move the screen forward to accommodate P28 perhaps above screen P8 would work for you?

No room above the screen
the bottom of the screen is only 420 from the floor

20220116_171552.jpg

@Lesmor, Lovely room and speakers!, like the clouds, frankly seeing the photo for the first time, I’d be just to try angling your Centre speaker up a few degrees. My West Sussex room had the RBH Signature floor standers and it’s a great look! and I loved the sound, the procellas sound good but frankly they suit a hidden away format better IMO

How many seats?
Where are your subs?

Heres mine with the cloud absorbers in shot

50C779FD-E081-4F42-A5FD-A2A3B98CE4F7.jpeg

@Lesmor, Lovely room and speakers!, like the clouds, frankly seeing the photo for the first time, I’d be just to try angling your Centre speaker up a few degrees. My West Sussex room had the RBH Signature floor standers and it’s a great look! and I loved the sound, the procellas sound good but frankly they suit a hidden away format better IMO

How many seats?
Where are your subs?

Heres mine with the cloud absorbers in shot
Thanks Bob
our rooms look similar
you have your L/R behind the screen what did the angles map out at?

hard to see in my pic but my centre is actually angled up and points to the MLP when seated.
I have 3 seats.
my subs are at the front right and rear left corners PSA 3015's
my front and rear walls are asymmetrical the room is 5.2 wide but there is an alcove at the front so the front wall is 6 meters into the alcove
here is a view of the rear wall

20220116_192239.jpg

Love the rear wall diffusers, Frankly I think your layout/setup is ideal for the room, and your mad to change it, also I‘m not sure an AT screen does improve matters for you as it always narrows your LR angle,, mine is on,y 22 if I remember correct, plus it dulls the visual experience as the screens are lower gain, having Your left and right on show is always going to imapct your brains impression of where the sounds coming from anyway, your room has the feel of a pro music room, enjoy it IMO

If the P5 had been black I would have been tempted to change my heights
Yes I would slay your heights are the weak link, but they are a lot more discrete Than mine, Just watching Running Man UHD at the moment, had a chuckle when “Alexa“ gadget is shown on it.

If the P5 had been black I would have been tempted to change my heights
Hope my offer didn’t trigger removal of the sale, as had no ntention to cause upset, money is tight at this time of year

Its an old film to have Alexa in it!

Attachments

• 5338C1BF-DA54-487A-800B-09E227705416.jpeg
    5338C1BF-DA54-487A-800B-09E227705416.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 73
ditto
the P5 in the right room would work fine as a system I just felt they were not right for my 6.0 x 5.2 x 2.4 meter room

Lol
she can be temperamental but my room / house is controlled by Alexa
iPad battery died, recharged now, As Alexa is the only home automation gadget my wife will use, we have it everywhere, even the dishwasher Barks commmds at me (or is that the wife and I am getting confused)

Last edited:
iPad battery died, recharged now, As Alexa is the only home automation gadget my wife will use, we have it everywhere, even the dishwasher Barks commmds at me (or is that the wife and I am getting confused)
I was told if you work for certain government departments you have to declare if you have a spy in the house…hence i dont.

I was told if you work for certain government departments you have to declare if you have a spy in the house…hence i dont.
I also heard those rules plus you couldn’t have party

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom