Procedure for getting points removed from Driving licience

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by AFC69, Jun 15, 2009.

1. AFC69

AFC69
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In about 2 weeks, it will have been 4 years since I had 3 points added to my driving licience, SP50.

What is the procedure for getting them removed - do the DVLA contact me and advise me of the procedure, or do I have to apply for a new clean licience?

2. DPinBucks

DPinBucks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,930
    Why bother? They're doing no harm sitting there. Whether they're still printed on your license or not makes no difference to insurance (which normally works to 5 years) or totting-up procedures (3 years).

If you really feel you must then you can apply to the DVLA, but there will be a fee. Certainly the DVLA will not contact you.

3. t72bogie

t72bogie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    never bothered - as mentioned above, they still "count" for insurance for 5 years anyway, and if you get nicked and end up in court they drag them up forever from the database

wait until you move house or lose it...any other reason for getting a clean one back free of charge rather than paying

if you really want one, then you have to go down the post office/ print out from DVLA website a new application form, put a cheque in there and wait a few weeks.....