1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs Yam DSP-AX640SE Denon DVD 2200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by judgefudge, Oct 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. judgefudge

judgefudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im trying to play DVD's from Denon to Yamaha to LCD telly via component leads and Coax digital for sound. Ive set the input on Yam to DVD and I only get a picture but no sound - if input switchd to D-TV/CBL Auto I get surround sound but no picture - the Denon is set to progressive. Is there anything I can tru or double check on as its driving me bonkers and my girlfriend is naturally losing patience !!!!

Please Help :rolleyes:

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Are the inputs assignable ? Sounds like you need to assign the coax input to DVD , it would seem to be currently asigned to DTV .Rtfm ;) :D

John

3. Arif

Arif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dude,

On that amp - if you've got your DVD sound output linked coaxially to the amp - then in order to hear this sound - you will need to select 'CD' on your amp's input choices. On your remote - choose 'CD'. (The only way for your amp's 'DVD' button to work for your purposes, is to link optically (TOS-link) from DVD-player to amp.)

As for picture - your Denon must have true component-output (if it has progressive scan output) - in which case don't mess about with involving your amp in the picture-equation - just connect DVD to LCD directly - that's AFAIK the whole point behind component connectivity - to make most-direct the link between source and screen. To involve your amp in this just defeats the purpose of component connectivity.

Good luck!! I know what it's like when you've got all this 'gear' - and the Mrs is wondering why on Earth you couldn't have just had a box with an 'On' button on it, like other people - & which at least works!! You've got a cool set-up - it shouldn't be embarrassing you!