1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probs with SVHS-SCART

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Vodder, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my PC rigged up to my TV through a SVHS-SVHS cable - the connection is to the front scart svhs port. (AV3)

I have now purchased a SVHS-SCART lead to do the same job as we don't want the lead connectint to the front fo the TV, however it won't pick up the signal from the PC.

The new lead is connected to the scart socket AV4 on the back of the TV, there is no separate SVHS connection. However you can select AV4-S for the S-Video input, but still no signal.

Any ideas? Or was do you HAVE to use a normal SVHS-SVHS cable for this?

2. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hello Vodder,

I would guess you have the wrong type of s-video to scart, sounds like you have scart output to s-video, you need s-video to scart input, different pins in the scart plug.

You could test it with the output from DVD player scart to TV front AV input svideo socket (if you have DVD player) to prove you have the wrong lead.

good luck.

Mark.

3. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, I'll give it ago.

The box says its SVHS to Scart tho and the arrows on the lead point towards the scart connection. Its the Ixos 135AV-500

4. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is the correct direction for you, as Mark suggested try it the other way round, I have sometimes found Ixos cables that are wired wrong!

Andy.

5. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys, got it working! :clap:

Tried it the other way round and that didn't work so tried svhs socket on the DVD player and that didn't work either! So tried the old trick of waggling the wire about and up comes the picture!

Looks a dodgy connection, so much for their "gold" series then! So srewed back the connector and made a few adjustments and working perfectly!

The image of the PC on the TV is now crystal clear, where as before with the SVHS-SVHS lead I had wavy lines on the screen. Excellent! :thumbsup: