probs with Panasonic DMR55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by peter p, Aug 14, 2004.

1. peter p

peter p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought this machine just before moving to Cyprus and have since had trouble tuning in TV stations through RF leads and will not output through AV1 Scart socket, will only output via RF out.
    It also will not recieve a signal via AV2, 3 or 4 from my VCR from where I want to record my old vodeo tapes.
    Have thoroughly read manual and nothing works.
    Any ideas?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    I am not 'up' on what broadcasting standard Cyprus uses but it is (very) unlikely to be the same as the UK hence you will not be able to tune into channels via RF. You'll need to use an external Digibox that outputs Composite, S-Video or RGB (or Component and use a Component to RGB converter).

Can you give more details please - when you say not receiving a signal can you describe what you mean (i.e just can't see a picture or getting interference etc). How have you connected up (Scart to AV2 I assume)? What VCR are you using? Is it definetly a PAL VCR (and not SECAM)? Have you set the 'channel' on the E55 to 'A2'? Is AV2 set to Video and Normal in the set-up menu?

3. peter p

peter p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Thanks Rasczak,
    Cyprus uses Pal but the audio is of a different system so Tuning in the Tv to watch terrestial TV is pointless however, I just wanted to check that the machine is working properly.
    I have 'Hotbird' satellite and want to store that signal into the E55 for recording.

2. The E55 is not outputing any signal (that I can detect, video or audio) from AV1 scart socket into our UK TV's. (I have tried all options /settings).
    I have a PAL Samsung VCR from the UK from which to copy VHS recordings on to DVD-R and the E55 is not picking up any signal from it's inputs. AV" is set to Video and Normal in the settings.
    I'm totally perplexed

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    To get no output from the DVD recorder via AV1 suggests that you may have a duff machine :( Just to make sure have you tried alternating which Scart socket the E55 is connected to on the TV? Have you verified that you have hooked AV1 (top scart socket on the E55) to the TV (as opposed to AV2)?

5. peter p

peter p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, tried both Scarts on TV and am definately using AV1 on E55.
    I will ring Panasonic tomorrow for advise