Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Probs with my Pioneer 535 dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by goomer, Apr 28, 2003.

1. goomer

goomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there everyone.

Firstly, apologies if this request is in the wrong place or has already been answered elsewhere, but I'm new to this forum and am still finding my way around.

Anyway.....I have a Pioneer 535 dvd player, made multi regional by, I think, an internal modification done prior to the point of sale at Richer Sounds a couple of years ago. My problem is this:

It has developed a regular fault - about 9 tries out of 10 - where you put in a CD, the tray closes/motor whirrs as usual and then the disc tray is spat back out. It only happens on CD's - no probs with any DVD's(whatever region), VCD's or CDR's - and it is driving me mad.

I've tried a lens cleaner and that hasn't worked and, before I shell out on getting the machine checked by a professional, thought I'd ask the people here to see if anyone has ever encountered this problem and could maybe share the resolution.

Thank you all for any assistance you can provide.....

Goomer.

2. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    you may find that the player has afault with the laser.
    I had a similar problem with my 626 when it was about 11 months old.
    It turned out to be second laser that is used for CD rather than DVD playback (Although their in a single block I beleive). so may be worth having it checked.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I take it you didn't bother with supercare then! Sounds like the CD pick up laser is knackered!

4. goomer

goomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Supercare, unfortunately, but thanks for the info regarding the seperate laser for reading CD's. On the plus side, this does mean that I get to go shopping soon.....

5. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Interesting coz my old Aiwa CD player does that