probs transferring wmv to archos in win media

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Crazy Snake Man, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i am trying to sync some files i downloaded to my archos, some seem to be going over fine, others just say "copying" but not "converting" subsquently they shows as files in the list on the pc but are not on the player.

i am doing exactly the same thing that i did when i successfully transferred files from camera to archos (this was mpeg to wmv) - these play fine.

I could almost understand none of the wmv files going over but for some to go and not others i am confused, should i download in mpeg to convert? I tried downloading one but that doesnt appear to have synched either

i am going to try individually i was trying to do 32 in one go (2gb) - do you think that might be it?

i am really pulling my hair out and would really appreciate your help - even if its obvious - sometimes i can be really stupid!

2. FrankS

FrankS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    The Archos will only play AVi's (MPEG4) and WMV files, WMV at a lower resolution. If you are downloading from the internet then I'll bet some of the files are Apples MP4's which is not the MPEG open standard. These won't play on your Archos unless you convert them first, something windows media player will not do.

If you want to convert different formats to MPEG4's then Lathe from http://www.omniquiti.com/store.php is worth getting, it even has a setting for your Archos.

3. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, yes the files are from internet and all show as wmv - again i managed to transfer one out of 15 attempts. tearing my hair out!

4. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to bounce! some of the files may be nstc - could this be the reason is archos only pal?

5. FrankS

FrankS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    In the display set up you can select PAL or NSTC but I thought this was for the output to a TV not to play internal files, but you may be correct as they use a different frame rate.

I just tried setting mine to NSTC and it still played back the video's already recorded on it.