problems

CP-PC

Established Member
Reaction score
ive just changed motherboard and graphics card in a pc but cpuz is picking the processor us as an intel e2220 but its also picking it up as an e2200 (on the same page)

the processor is an e2200 and was picked up as this on the old motherboard.

another problem is the temperature i have an arctic cooling freezer 7 pro (PWM version) . HW Monitor is picking up 3 temperatures for the CPU one is the surface temp (45C) and two are the core temperatures which are at 37C while under low load (web surfing and playing music)

i have verified the core temperatures with core temp and they are fine but why is the surface temp higher than core??? faulty sensor???

just to add...... HW Monitor picks the CPU up as an e2220 aswell.

processor is picked up as an e2200 in bios..... FSB and Multi are set correctly and its running at 2.2ghz (stock, with stock voltage too)

also on a side note...... STR (S3) wont work. it turns off and within a second its back on again ..... this is with a clean install of vista ultimate 64bit with nothing else installed..... not even the motherboard driver cd

motherboard was a Foxconn P4M9007MB-8RS2H with an ATI X700
thats been taken out and replaced with
an ASUS P5B and an XFX 8600GT Extreme OC

everything else is the same... psu, case fans, hard drive, ram, dvd-rw drive even the case.

just incase you need to know the psu is a Hiper 480watt with a 120mm fan
case fans are two 120mm akasa fans that came with the case (akasa zen black) hard drive is a maxtor ide133 160gb 8mb cache
ram is 2x1gb sticks of OCZ 800mhz dual channel ram. and optical drive is a pioneer#

i have attatched a picture and highlighted the important bits in red. the temperatures are higher than what i stated above because when i took the screen shot i was runing folding at home on the cpu and gpu. but you can still see the surface them higher than the core temps
thanks in advanced guys

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 40
First off, to be 100% certain, confirm if the chip is an E2200/2220 by checking its sSpec number:
E2200 = SLA8X
E2220 = SLA8W

My HwM result with an E2180 follows the same pattern (with CT temp also coinciding with the higher value like yours):

Get the latest version of CPU-Z, which is 1.51. It appears you're using an older version.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed? If not, perhaps this could be a reason for the differences? The latest version is 1102. Here's the Asus P5B Premium link to download the BIOS if needed. Please try this as a last resort only, if you must, & know that you could do irreversible damage if it goes wrong...

All the best - let us know how it goes :smashin:

yeah i was using cpu-z 1.49 but i tried 1.51 with the same result. yes i have confirmed it is an e2200 from the writing on the cpu its self aswell as info from cpu-z. yes i had to update the bios as the origional bios came up with an cpu error, i had to update the bios in order for the mobo to pick up the cpu properly on post. i have updated to the latest version (not the beta) any reason for the high temps??? i have reseated the freezer 7 pro numerous times with no change at all (im using mx-2 paste)

on the old foxconn motherboard the same e2200 was runing stable mid 20's at idle with the cores at low-mid 30's at idle with a low cost akasa aluminium cooler with a 92mm fan. i know that different motherboards have sensors in different places but core temperatures are read from the sensor onboard the cpu which cant have moved. and even from motherboard to motherboard a change of 20c is a bit extreme. just to confirm nothing is overclocked in the system its all at stock speed and voltage.

and its not the asus p5b premium its just the plain bog standard p5b.

i have a freezer 7 pro in another rig (sig) on a e5200 overclocked to 3.2ghz and i swapped the freezer 7's over but the results are the same so it does not appear to be a concave or convex base on the cooler

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom