1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with video editing software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by neuflex, May 21, 2004.

1. neuflex

neuflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I got my firewire card iam now streaming the the videos from my cam :clap: :) . Iam well happy with the the videos they seem to play just as good as they do when i play them back on the TV. But when iam using Adobe Premiere 6, Ulead Video Studio 6 SE BASIC and windows movie maker version 2, when i try and add effects to them the picture just stalls and has the sound in the background. In all of them which is quite werid coz i fought it might work in one of them might work(it works better in UVSSEB and WMM but its still mega choppy). Is there anything i can do to get it going smoothly?

My sys specs are

AMD running at 1 GHZ, 512 mega bytes of RAM and Windows XP.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1Ghz is a bit slow for most video editing applications and I can't help thinking that that is your problem - an upgrade maybe required. your computer can handle straight video but when it has to process transitions etc. it appears to be struggling.

3. neuflex

neuflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thats what I was thinking. but surely people where editing videos and stuff even before 500mhz CPU were the norm? anyhow what sort of computer would be ok for editing videos.

Thanks in advance

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    But what you need to remember is that back in the days of a 500mhz processor programmers were writing programs to run on these. Now in the days of 3ghz+ processors the programs are more powerful and do a whole lot more than 5 years ago.
    Also are you stopping all the background programs that are running on your PC such as screen savers and antivirus? these take a lot of power from the processor and could also be causing dropped frames etc.
    Are your HDD(s) defragmented? Do they have DMA enabled? Do you have plenty of spare HDD space for capture & editing etc?
    I could list 101 different causes of your problems that with a bit of knowledge and time (but hopefully very little money) could solve your problems. Do a search on here as these questions have been asked by many forum members in the past.

Mark.