Problems with tv to amp

jonmbarlow

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Toshiba ZP38 television and a Teac AG-L800 amplifier,my problem is that i just cannot seem to get the sound from my television to come out of the amp

I have connected an optical cable to the optical 2 socket on the back of the amp(leading from the tv optical socket) and have tried what seems like every combination of output selection on the amp but still nothing

On the tv i have the switch on the back set to external and i have 2 scarts running to the dvd player and sky repectively,i have tried the av combinations on the tv set-up but none of these seem to work

I am no technical whizz so i'm sure it's something stupid i haven't done

Any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

You're thinking about this the wrong way around.

The way to connect is to get the source of your sound connected to your AMP for reproduction, not the TV. Your digital connections are for INPUT to the TV not output.

Your manual states:

"DA-1 and DA-2 enable the input of Digital Audio signals."

And by the way, double posting your question in different forums is usually frowned upon, let alone posting it twice in the same forum!!

Apologies for the double post....problem with the internet connection rather than my overeagerness

How about connecting red and white phonos from Sky and VCR to the amp? Will only give you stereo sound but it's better than nothing if you can't get the optical sorted.

jonmbarlow said:
So how exactly do i get the tv sound to come through the amp???

Give us an example of what sound you want from your TV to play via your amp.

Malabbey said:
How about connecting red and white phonos from Sky and VCR to the amp? Will only give you stereo sound but it's better than nothing if you can't get the optical sorted.

The Digital connetions on his TV are DIGITAL IN, not out. There is no way that the TV will pass a digital signal outbound.

if you have Sky you dont need your TV to pass sound anyhow, use either the optical connection or the phono connections on the sky box to the sound inputs on your amp......and obviously from your other components to the amp......however if using Scart from Sky to the Tv you can still hear sound on the TV if you like as Scart carries sound (unless you buy the vision only scart lead)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom