Problems with Tmob prepaid on Iphone 2G

Zakkk

Standard Member
Did the jailbreak and unlock successfully using QuickPwn with a contract Tmobile sim. No worries. However, when i insert a tmob Prepaid sim, the display says different sim detected 'please connect to Itunes'. When I connect to itunes it says the sim is not supported.

The weird thing is that I receive incoming calls but cannot access the actual phone and cant get past the message that says different sim detected. Previous to the jailbreak and unlock, the prepaid sim wouldnt even pick up a signal or receive calls - so the unlock and jailbreak has worked correctly.

Any ideas? Does anyone know for sure if prepaid Tmobile sims can be used on the iphone? Or have I made a mistake in the unlocking?

Please help!!!!

StevieDvd

Novice Member
Did the jailbreak and unlock successfully using QuickPwn with a contract Tmobile sim. No worries. However, when i insert a tmob Prepaid sim, the display says different sim detected 'please connect to Itunes'. When I connect to itunes it says the sim is not supported.

The weird thing is that I receive incoming calls but cannot access the actual phone and cant get past the message that says different sim detected. Previous to the jailbreak and unlock, the prepaid sim wouldnt even pick up a signal or receive calls - so the unlock and jailbreak has worked correctly.

Any ideas? Does anyone know for sure if prepaid Tmobile sims can be used on the iphone? Or have I made a mistake in the unlocking?

Please help!!!!
A bit of a long shot but have you installed an app called Kate? I recall this was causing some issues and most people remove it.

Zakkk

Standard Member
I've not installed Kate, so that's not the problem. Thanks for the input anyway.

I've just tried an O2 contract sim......giving me the same problem. The sim is quite old tho, hasn't been replaced for 3 years, could that result in the sim not being compatible?

Will try another O2 contract sim later.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom