Problems with timer recordings on samsung r136

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jimbob007, Dec 27, 2006.

1. jimbob007

jimbob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, whenever i try to make a timer recording on my new samsung r136 when the timer comes on to start the recording, the player just spits out the disk and the timer light on the display starts flashing. The disk is then unusable according to the player. The recording is fine when not using the timer.
    The media being used is maxell dvd -r disks.
    The dvd recorder is connected via scart to a phillips freeview box, it is connected to the tv using hdmi lead.
    Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this as its doing my head in.

All the best, Jim.

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Make sure the date and time are set correctly on the recorder...is the time remaining on the disc sufficient for the programme you're recording?

3. jimbob007

jimbob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Discs are blank with more than enough room for timed recording. Just pressing record works, its only timed recordings that dont work??

Really confused, Help!

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Is the date/time set correctly??

5. jimbob007

jimbob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes date and time is set correctly. Recorder turns on from standby, as if its about to start recording, then dvd is ejected from drive and timer light starts flashing.
    If i just manually press record button to record using exactly the same blank discs everything works ok!
    Freeview box is connected to av2 on dvd recorder via scart, recorder is connected to tv with hdmi cable.
    Time and date is set automaticaly on dvd recorder through rf connection.

Anyone else experianced this on samsung r136?!

Cheers Jim.

6. kevin marshall

kevin marshall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a Samsung r136 and it records ok on Phillips discs but not on TDK it ejects them. I do have a fault though in that after watching a dvd for say about 20mins it ejects it. Reboot and it is ok. Again after about 20 mins it ejects the disc.I only bought the unit 2 days before Xmas so i am taking it back for a replacement or my money back. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the HDMI cable (awaiting Del.) but my system is on QED component.

7. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    What are you recording from with a timer recording?...if it's the external Freeview box try disconnecting it and set a timer event to record from the inbuilt tuner just to rule out an oddity with the Freeview box.