1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with the Sony 32FQ70U screen!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by hmsq, Dec 1, 2003.

1. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    HI, i posted various post before about the purchase and it just seems the problems keep comming!
    First of all the set arrived about 4 weeks after ordering, whenit arrived it looked like a used set, and now the screen has geometry problems half of the screen slumps down on the right side!
    Tomorow, because i'm withing the 7 days i'm gonna ask for a full refund, first because i don't like the service i got secondly the stand has still not arrived, and the tv has screen problems.
    An i think that si why it was a used tv as i think that back for the same reason!
    I know i got 7 days cool off, but do i have to pay to send it back i mean its faulty i paid enough money i don't want spend more money for sending something back that was not in a proper working condition!

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    As far as I am aware, if you are using the 7 day cooling off period as your reason to return - you will have to pay for it's return.

If you are saying it's faulty, and the retailer accepts the fact - you don't pay for it's return.

3. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    yeah the tv is faulty on the screen, geometry is really bad one side it goes down and the middle goes up! its reallu annoying because it spoils watching movies!
    Well giving them a call now and see what happens!

4. Armadillo

Armadillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem, the top right of the screen bent downwards and the bottom right bent upwards. I made it slightly better by changing a few settings on the service menu (taking note of the orginial values).

I still wasn't happy with it so I called the shop and they sent an engineer out - he said the tub was faulty and arranged a replacement. The second TV was much better, however the delivery guys dropped it.

I am now on my third TV and everything appears OK . . . .

5. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    getting the tv replaced tomorow, but i tell you the service from these people is jst taking the mickey, I have to chase up everything they do not imform you fo anything! it is very annoying!
    We will see what happens tomorow...