1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with the Scart on my Philips TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by qouz, Jan 5, 2003.

1. qouz

qouz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I recently bought my self a dvd player which i connect to my Philips 32"8506 TV. The problem is when i use Scart1 when watching dvd films, i get the sound from a tv channel in the right speaker (i only hear this when the sound on the dvd film is low). This is quite annoying , and i wonder if it is a problem with my telly? Anyone observed a similar problem with their Philips TV?

By the way, when i use Scart2 i dont get this problem, but he picture here is not as good as Scart 1 (haven't got a clue why...) so i prefer using scart1.

Any comments anyone?

qouz
    :mad:

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Probably only SCART 1 is RGB-enabled ; thus when you use SCART 2 you will get (inferior) composite video (Cvbs).
    I would try a different SCART lead, preferably one with all I/O connections screened.
    You could use an RGB-only SCART if your audio goes to an amp from the DVD-player via other means. You could also cut (or temporarily remove) unused connections (which will cut down on possible paths for crosstalk).

Chris Muriel, Manchester.