1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with the Samsung HD850

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by guyzee25, Jun 4, 2005.

1. guyzee25

guyzee25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just picked up the Samsung HD 850. I love the player, sleek, sexy, good playback but I have a large collection of movies on DVD+r/-r RW...
    The player advertises compatibility with all of the above, but I have several movies on DVD+r which it won't play. All the ones I have a problem with are on Fujifilm discs, my Memorex discs work just fine. Is there a reason why these certain discs won't work? It's very frustrating, has anyone else experienced any thing like this? Am I left to only buying a certain brand of DVD disc?

Does anyone else have this model and do you have the same problem? If so are there any other writable discs that your set will not play?

Thanking you in advance for your experience and wisdom,
    The Guy

2. azz

azz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    early samsung models had problesm with poor quality re-write discs and i think this will be the same .

Phillips +rw no problesm 10 for 9.99 from currys

Best way-also once recoreded the kids may press record-can write protect them

Cool

By the way does your 850 have 768p via HDMI ?

Azz

3. guyzee25

guyzee25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it does have the hdmi hookup and they supplied the cable. Unfortunately my panny plasma doesn't have hdmi hookup. :confused: But otherwise I love the player just wish it played 100% of my discs.

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It sounds like you've just come across some incompatible media. You'll need to buy some discs that do work and copy them to the new discs using a PC.

5. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    This player is riddled with annoying little glitches, it could have been an awesome player if more thought had gone into making it more user friendly.
    I know it's only £90 but is it so had to iron out the little glitches before selling it?
    Still can't fault the playback.