Problems with the Philips 15PT6807

M

Mister Trister

Hello all,

Over a month ago I bought the Philips 15PT6807 TV/DVD combo, and found it be be a very nice little unit, especially with its slightly larger, flat screen and integrated DVD player. When I bought it from Amazon, no previous buyers had left any feedback good or bad; this I didn't consider a problem, as it comes with a one-year manufacturer's guarantee.

However, although nothing has gone wrong with it, since I bought mine four people have left very bad feedback on Amazon about it, and not just the units they bought, but the replacement ones they were sent too: apparently there seems to be a design fault with the DVD player that means it stops working, usually within about a month of purchase, and often with a disc stuck inside. Now, these may well be isolated incidents (after all, Philips must sell many of these sets); however, since nobody on any site seems to have a good thing to say about this particular item, I am wondering whether it is just a matter of time before mine goes.

So, has anyone else bought or used the Philips 15PT6807? Has it broken, or have you had any other problems with it? Does it really have a design fault? And if so, why would Philips let this problem get out of hand in the way it seems to?

Thanks for any help!

Mister Trister said:
Hello all,

Over a month ago I bought the Philips 15PT6807 TV/DVD combo, and found it be be a very nice little unit, especially with its slightly larger, flat screen and integrated DVD player. When I bought it from Amazon, no previous buyers had left any feedback good or bad; this I didn't consider a problem, as it comes with a one-year manufacturer's guarantee.

However, although nothing has gone wrong with it, since I bought mine four people have left very bad feedback on Amazon about it, and not just the units they bought, but the replacement ones they were sent too: apparently there seems to be a design fault with the DVD player that means it stops working, usually within about a month of purchase, and often with a disc stuck inside. Now, these may well be isolated incidents (after all, Philips must sell many of these sets); however, since nobody on any site seems to have a good thing to say about this particular item, I am wondering whether it is just a matter of time before mine goes.

So, has anyone else bought or used the Philips 15PT6807? Has it broken, or have you had any other problems with it? Does it really have a design fault? And if so, why would Philips let this problem get out of hand in the way it seems to?

Thanks for any help!

Why worry about something which may or may not happen :confused:
Just enjoy your DVDs and IF it breaks down you have 11 months of your guarantee left.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom