Problems with T-Rex CAM and Hauppauge NOVA-CI-S

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Borgen154, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Borgen154

Borgen154

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can annyone please help me.

I spend alot of money building my own Media Center. The only thing I cant get to work is the TV. I´m using a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-CI-S tv-tuner and a T-Rex Dragon card (Firmware vers. 1.3).
    I have satelite tv (VIASAT) DVB-S and they use NDS coding.
    I can get a full channel-list when I seach but I cant get a picture or any sound.

I think the problem is between the CAM and the smartcard because i says "Wrong SmartCard inserted"
    Do I need to upgrade or downgrade my T-Rex card?
    Or is it a completely different thing?
    Can anyone help me, please?

2. paulpenny

paulpenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I don't know if the T-Rex is different to my Dragon Cam but I am on firmware 3.34

Have a look at the forums at www.ucassupport.nl

I should add that I am not using an NDS card so can't confirm that it will work, but others seem to have it working in various receivers for Sky

3. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    The latest Predator firmware for the T.Rex (the CAM formerly known as Dragon) is 3.31 & yes it does work as an NDS CAM for use with a legitimate Sky card.

NDS is actually the company that develops the conditional access system which they call Videoguard. It appears that the Videoguard system used by Viasat is a 'lite' variant of the Videoguard system used by BSkyB in the UK. NDS is owned by Rpert Murdoch's News Corporation which of course is the major shareholder in BSkyB.