1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Philmo, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Philmo

Philmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am a complete and utter novice at this but I need some help!!!

I recently bought a Samsung PDP and a Sanyo DVD/VCR combi + home theatre system. All well and good......

However, the sound that comes through the HTS is out of sync with the "action" on the screen e.g. the sound is playing before actor opens his mouth!!! This can be heard even greater if sound is coming through the PDP speakers as well. I have tried to contact Sanyo, but they were no help whatsoever, and just told me that it was to be expected.

Is there anything I can do??? :suicide: :censored:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Can you post links or the models of the units your talking about.
    You need a function called lip sync. This is usually only found on £400+ recievers/amps and not on all in one h/c systems. If you havent got this option it might be a point of taking the sanyo H/C system back for a refund and buying a proper h/c amp and speaker system im afraid.:(

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    In general terms it is unusual for the sound to be ahead of the picture, normally if there is such a problem it is the other way round.

It may be worth looking through the set up options on the amp to see if you can delay the sound on all the speakers to bring the picture and sound back in sync if you dont want to have to take it back or fork out for a more expensive setup.

4. Philmo

Philmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys,

Having read other threads on this site I am pretty sure it is the lip sync problem. Is there anything I can buy as an extra that will introduce a delay.

Incidentally, my setup is

Samsung PS42V4SX
    Sanyo DCTS3900

I know they are basic models compared to some of the systems on here!!

Any info on what I need would be appreciated