1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sony Projector (HS50) and PS2 component link

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by edhg, Feb 14, 2005.

1. edhg

edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is with the PS2 component link to the HS50 using a cable that I got from Liksang (click here). I plugged it in but no joy (when plugged both via my yamaha amp and then into the projector directly). I get nothing but a blue screen and every so often a message saying that the frequency is out of range. I had a look at the settings for the frequency which says that it is at 99.9Hz. I tried my DVD player which says about 50Hz. Is it a problem with the cable or the PS2? Can it be fixed? The PS2 is not modded at all and is the standard UK model.

thanks
    Ed

2. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Just a basic suggestion, you have selected y/pr etc etc in menu on PS2 I assume?

Matt

3. edhg

edhg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I hadnt - I didnt realise I had to! Thanks for that - do I need to set a frequency or anything or is this done automatically? How come I dont need to do it for the Xbox?

cheers
    Ed

4. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I dont believe the PS2 has any adjustment for frequency, that will depend on what the PJ is fed ie it will interpret the signal and scale accordingly.Unless the PS2 game you are playing has a resolution selection, which I believe the NTSC release of GT4 will have(Not sure about PAL something to do with 60hz NTSC and 50hzPAL). AFAIKnow.
    The Xbox just outputs best depending on connection I assume?

Matt