1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sony KV32FX65 TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kryters74, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have been having a few ' issues' with my Sony TV for a while, I have had the engineer out to have a look and he basically told me that there was nothing wrong with the TV, please have a look at this of problems below and I would appreciate any feedback that you might be able to give.

1) The TV randomly switches from one of the scart sources (DVD player/ Free view Box) back to the normal TV channels (the engineer told me my cables were loose!) for no apparent reason

2) It always seems to loose the setting for selecting widescreen etc, the result being that some of the picture is lost around the edges (for example Sky Sports news, the rolling text along the bottom and the clock are only just visible) I can sort it out with the remote control, but it should keep the settings..is this likely to be a hardware fault?

3) There is a permanent purple haze in the bottom left hand corner of the TV, I have tried turning the TV off via the main switch to trigger the degaussing, but it always returns, I have made sure that there are no speakers etc anywhere near it but it still happens.

What are your thoughts guys?

2. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Dont worry about this as I have sorted most of the problems by looking at other postings