1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with SonicStage 2.3 and my Vaio

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by johann1979, Feb 19, 2005.

1. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading through various forums and can't seem to find anybody with a similar problem (yet). I am able to play all previously recorded atrac files directly from the player through the computer on SonicStage, however it says 'file format not supported' when I try and play an MP3.

How is that possible? I thought they fixed all this.

This is causing huge problems with arranging my house collection as I have thousands of tracks and now I can't hear what I'm doing, so it has to be taken off the cradle while I listen to the tracks, then remember them and move them once everything is connected again. I can't always find the corresponding track in My Library as I often have changed the format of the name by that time on the player itself. There must be a shorter way. Sony finally made this player MP3 compatible, but the problem is I can no longer transfer tracks in Atrac3 132kbps (which has become my preferred format) as no matter which options I tick or which files I manually convert, they always end up as MP3's on the vaio.

Talk about one step forward two steps back. And a last suggestion. Vaio Pocket would officially be the best personal entertainment system if they can incorporate into the next Firmware version the ability to play certain video formats. As I can play videos, saved on the hd, directly from the vaio through my computer, it suggests that it shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks Guys
    Johann :rolleyes:

2. Ted

Ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the reply - maybe I wasn't too clear in my original post - I mean playing MP3's through my computer directly from the vaio on SonicStage. If I play any of the previously recorded atrac3 files it playes fine, but when I click on an MP3 it tells me it doesn't support the file. Strange.