Problems with SonicStage 2.3 and my Vaio

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by johann1979, Feb 19, 2005.

1. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading through various forums and can't seem to find anybody with a similar problem (yet). I am able to play all previously recorded atrac files directly from the player through the computer on SonicStage, however it says 'file format not supported' when I try and play an MP3.

How is that possible? I thought they fixed all this.

This is causing huge problems with arranging my house collection as I have thousands of tracks and now I can't hear what I'm doing, so it has to be taken off the cradle while I listen to the tracks, then remember them and move them once everything is connected again. I can't always find the corresponding track in My Library as I often have changed the format of the name by that time on the player itself. There must be a shorter way. Sony finally made this player MP3 compatible, but the problem is I can no longer transfer tracks in Atrac3 132kbps (which has become my preferred format) as no matter which options I tick or which files I manually convert, they always end up as MP3's on the vaio.

Talk about one step forward two steps back. And a last suggestion. Vaio Pocket would officially be the best personal entertainment system if they can incorporate into the next Firmware version the ability to play certain video formats. As I can play videos, saved on the hd, directly from the vaio through my computer, it suggests that it shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks Guys
    Johann :rolleyes:

2. Ted

Ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the reply - maybe I wasn't too clear in my original post - I mean playing MP3's through my computer directly from the vaio on SonicStage. If I play any of the previously recorded atrac3 files it playes fine, but when I click on an MP3 it tells me it doesn't support the file. Strange.