1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With Sonic Stage 3.2

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by chrisrus43, Aug 22, 2005.

1. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

i have just bought a sony hd5 and have just found out from sony that it can only work on 1 computer. because i am from the uk and sony dose not have some licence or summit. but anyway dose anyone no of any programs i could use or any hacks or tricks? i have tryed 'VAIO music transfer' and 'MP3 File Manager Version 2.0' but these dont take my fancy.

2. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assume, like me, you are using the US version of 3.2, and it won't let you "authorise" the PC using the US version of Connect ?

Think you will have to wait for 3.2 UK version, then instal that over the top. Did read that it was possible to change some registry settings to point to European Connect, but couldn't find the thread, and to be honest I am not likely to either use Connect or two PCs, so I didn't look that hard.

So you could either find the registry "hack" mentioned above, or wait a few days.

3. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, do you know of anywere i can find a hack? also yes i have 3.2 US but where would i find the UK ver

Thex Chris

4. Leprekorn

Leprekorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I found the following value in the registry. (via run regedit)

locate: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\EMD

and changed the HomeURL to http://connect.sony-europe.com/en/

Then close down your pc reboot and connect onto sonic stage. It should work.

5. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot!!

Iv just found it and seeing if it works now

6. Leprekorn

Leprekorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I to had a problem after I installed Sonic Stage 3.2. When I tried to connect to Sony Connect to authorise my player it would not let me. After reading around I discovered the reason for this was that 3.2 had changed the registry value for where connect authorises your player from the uk site to the us site. But because I was outside of the U.S it would not let me connect.

To correct this I did the following.

**Warning altering any other settings in the registry can seriously damage your pc.**

Go into run on the start button of windows.

Type regedit and press enter.

This will open the registry editor.
    On the left hand side of the window that has opened there will be a tree containing different paths.

Locate

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

click the plus next to it.

Then find SOFTWARE

click the plus

then find

Sony Corporation

click the plus

then SonicStage

click the plus

Then locate EMD

On the right hand part of the registry edit screen you should see atab called HomeURL

Rightclick on this a change it to http://connect.sony-europe.com/en/

Then exit regedit and close down your computer.

When you go into Sonicstage now and authorise your machine it should work.

7. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry about this but when i get to the EMD the only thing that comes up in called (default)

8. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just done this on my laptop and the home url is there but it dose not appear when i try and do it on the desktop. you know of any reason for this? should i create one on the desktop the same as on the laptop?

many thanks chris

9. chrisrus43

chrisrus43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reinstalling sonicstage i have now bin able to change it, but it still get this
    'It appears that your computer is currently accessing Connect from outside the United States. Due to licensing restrictions, music on Connect is not available for download from outside the United States.'
    when i try to authorize. Is there anything else im doing wrong or missing out?

Many Thanks Chris

10. Leprekorn

Leprekorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    No this worked for me. When not authorising your player can you connect to the store via the import option. If so I think there is a diagnostic programme you can run which should sort it out.