• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems with Sky+ planner freezing

Tazz

Standard Member
I am sure this is a common problem, with an easy fix, but having searched the threads I couldn't find the answer, so here goes.

Programmes which have been recorded on Sky planner start playback OK, but will then freeze, and no amount of re-pressing play, fast forward etc will persuade it to restart. The only way to make some progress, of sorts, is to restart the programme, guessing at the point it was at and having it restart for the minute afterwards.
I have tried the normal reset routine i.e. power off, go and make a cup of tea, restart with card out etc. but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Tazz

Fusewire

Try refreshing the software on the box. Switch it off at the mains, hold the backup button in on the box (not the remote) and switch it back on at the mains while keeping the backup button pressed in. After a couple of seconds you will get a black screen come up saying "Downloading Software" you can let the backup button go at this point and leave the box to do its thing - it will reboot itself when it is done downloading.

Had similar problems to you at the weekend and the above fixed mine. :smashin:

The only other thing you can try is a full system reset - press services, 4, 0, 1, select and select the full system reset option from the installer menu. Be aware this will delete all of your recordings !!!

If that doesn't work then the box it knackered :(

Good luck :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom