Quantcast

problems with sky picture

Baron Von Doom

ive started to get problems with my picture through my sky box. every so often (sometimes as much as every few minutes) the picture breaks up and pixelates. sometimes the picture freezes while the sound carrys on.
signal quality and strength are both quite high (about 93%) and lock says ok.
is this likely to be dish alignment or something else?

Baron Von Doom

the box is an amstrad
connected with scart rgb.
the picture has frozen about three times in the last hour. the picture freezes but the sound continues although it does stutter when it freezes.
it has been installed for about eleven months. i havnt changed anything within the last three months (even then it was only the scart leads)

SamRadford

Novice Member
mep said:
i assume that was meant to be helpful (and not arrogant)....but if everybdy knew as much as you they wouldn't need to post here in the first place.......or maybe its just self publicism.
Mep, I'm trying to help Coombes. You may not need my help but he does, so don't interfere. I don't expect thanks for helping but I certainly see no reason for criticising my attempt to help.

Mep

Sorry Sam, I was out of order and misunderstood your posting the link.....it seemed to be saying don't post a question like that....post it like this ...sorry again

C

Cynthia 7

Hi coombes,

I, and others, are experiencing this since the Sky update a few weeks ago. I have failed recordings, pixellating, sometimes signal not received in spite of good quality and strength signal. Sky are meant to be working on another update to rectify this!

Mep

I had a useless reply from Sky saying they were aware of the problem but didn't know when it would be rectified, suggested resetting the box which I've already done hundreds of times and if that fails call an engineer!!!!! why?? they just admitted it was a software fault they are aware of!.....

Nick_UK

Banned
mep said:
I had a useless reply from Sky saying they were aware of the problem but didn't know when it would be rectified, suggested resetting the box which I've already done hundreds of times and if that fails call an engineer!!!!! why?? they just admitted it was a software fault they are aware of!.....
It's a software fault which seems to affect some boxes worse than others, and some not at all. A box "swap out" by an engineer may well help.

Mep

yes but it may well not as i bet they don't know why and which boxes are affected.

Nick_UK

Banned
They know why - it's a software problem which was introduced at the last update. They have 2 options - wait for the software guys to fix it, or revert back to the previous version.

SamRadford

Novice Member
It's not affecting my Panasonic TU-DSB40.

It would *really* help if people knew the make and model of their equipment. (Anyone here NOT know the make, model, engine size of his car?)

Nuff said.
;)

Nick_UK

Banned
mep said:
hmmmm...tough call that one
Why is it a tough call ?

We don't know how many people are affected, but I expect Sky know better than us. If they revert to the previous version, they will have people who aren't having any problems complaining that they have to press a button to get rid of the "red dot" :rolleyes:

Mep

I merely said it will be a tough call because, I'm a director of a software company and i can just imagine how my clients would react if we had installed a new version that worked for some and not for others and then took it away from all of them. i just meant it's a no win situation for them, wasn't trying to be provocative.