1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sky+ Call Centre and Charging

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by smelly, Mar 15, 2005.

1. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    OK bit of a rant coming up :mad:

On and off over the last couple of years we keep having problems with the callbacks on one of our two Sky boxes. The problem it seems is that we have an internal phone system in our house which requires 9 to dial an outside line. The first time it happened it took a few weeks to find the problem and sort, not helped by the fact that every time you phone up you speak to someone different and have to go back to square one, no one seems to update the notes properly etc etc. Anyway eventually got it sorted. A few months later we started to get letters again. Ignored the first one as we thought it was left over from the problem before. Got a 2nd letter and started the rigmarole of calling again. It took two attempts for them to eventually discover its the other box this time, which for some reason has lost the 9 prefix (not sure whether this can happen during a software upgrade?? as it was definitely there a few months before). Anyway again it took several weeks, phonecalls, etc to sort. In the meantime we had a letter saying that we were going to be charged full whack for both boxes. I called up to say look we're speaking to you to get it sorted but they insisted that the charge would stand, once the problem was sorted it would be refunded. The last time I called a few weeks ago the guy I spoke to said that callbacks had been recieved on both boxes and he confirmed that the money would be refunded.

Guess what!! A statement today....no refund. Called up and after first being told that one card still wasn't getting callbacks.....turns out it was a cancelled card from before we went to Sky+!!!!!....I was then put on hold for 12 mins, and was then told that yes callbacks were being received, but I wouldn't be refunded any money as we ignored the first letter!!! And they won't discuss it, they refuse to put you onto a supervisor or customer care, all I can do is to put it in writing.

Whilst I'm pleased with the functionality of Sky+ I just can't believe the poor service that goes along with it. You have to go through umpteen different IVR routes to get to the dept you need - sometimes only to be given another number to dial before being disconnected! My job involves managing the telephony for 8 contact centres so I know for a fact that it could be done better! You talk to someone different each time, no one seems to make proper notes and I've yet to speak to anyone who knows what they're talking about!! Sorry if anyone here works there but its true!! :mad: And whats so frsutrating is that as there is no one else that offers Sky + I can't tell them to go and stick it I'll go elsewhere..***.

Anyway - rant over. Reason I was posting is to ask if anyone know where I need to write to?? :lease:

2. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Personally I would jump to the top and write to the CEO - for Sky this is currently James Murdoch and their registered address is:

British Sky Broadcasting Group plc
    Grant Way
    Isleworth
    Middlesex TW7 5QD

Dont normally get a personal response from the CEO (depending on the directors view on these things) but it does usually get priority, more agreeable outcomes and can be tracked. The CEO office for the Bank I work for logs all complaint letters to them and monitors their resolution where as letters to a customer care centre can be "lost in the system"