Problems with sky+ and video sender

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Pete872, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sky+ with a video sender linked up to it so we can watch sky in the bedroom TV. the sky is being beemed upstairs but the remote isn't working. Meaning I have to change the channel downstairs for the programme we want to watch upstairs! I have 2 x sky+ remotes and neither of them will work.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Cheers,

Pete.

2. Davemazo

Davemazo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Is RF2 out turned on at the box? If so try plugging the eye directly into RF2 to test the eye, if it works then the cable has to be suspect

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think rf2 is needed on a video sender as the remote usually beams the signal to the front of the digibox.
    If its wireless you will have a sender and a receiver, make sure the the ir extensions are plugged in and have a clear view of the ir receiver on the sky box.

4. ian watson

ian watson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before I got a different video sender the remote had to be pointed away from the receiver part of the video sender - bouncing it off the walls worked OK. Try blocking partially with your hand. I've had a quick look on Google, but cant find any info, there is some out there though as I found some when I had a problem.

Controlling other equipment with it was OK.

5. apguy15

apguy15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is down to two types of IR signal; I “think” that the sky+ boxes use a non-standard IR signal type which most video senders aren’t compatible with, although I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if this is the case?