1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Sharp Aquos 32" and Sky

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by TomoUK, Sep 24, 2005.

1. TomoUK

TomoUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched around for ages and can not seem to find any answer to my problem so far.

I have Sky + going straight into my Sharp Aquos 32" LCD TV, scart to scart. However, the picture is really terrible. There are no cut-outs but its really, really blurry.

I have a Toshiba 24" LCD and the picture on that from the Sky + box is absolutely fine, crystal clear.

Are there any known issues with this kind of thing or should it work as it is? I contacted the people who installed the Sky and they are trying to sell me a "transcoder" for £200 that will "solve my problem". I think they may just be trying to con me out of £200!

I can give Sharp a call on Monday, but any help would really be appreciated.

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    This can be for a number of reasons. It would help if you actually specify the model of Sharp LCD. Some of these have a wide variety of settings you can use to get a half-decent picture from Sky. Do you have RGB enabled on both yhe Sky+ box and the input you're using on the Sharp.

3. TomoUK

TomoUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for hte reply. Both RGB are enabled on the Sky+ box and on the TV. The model number is LC-32GA5E and I have been through all the picture setup menus on the TV with some helping a bit but the picture is still not clear.

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I've got the new LC37P50E which has a lower resolution which closely matches the PAL SD signal giving a relatively good picture for Sky but I have set a few options which should work for you also. Turn DNR off and Quickshoot On and in the advanced settings I have I/P Setting set to progressive.

5. TomoUK

TomoUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have DNR off and I/P progressive already, but can't find Quickshoot?

6. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Just had a look at the manual for the GA5 and it seems that it doesn't have the Quickshoot facility which is supposed to increase pixel response time. You do have things like Mov Comp which you could try. Also I would turn off the various picture enhancement functions such as Dyn Contrast and Dyn. Gamma and possibly Comb Filter. You've got a lot of functions to play with to try and get a reasonable picture but you have to realise you're not going to get a perfect Sky picture with a HD display. Does you're Toshiba have a lower resolution?

7. TomoUK

TomoUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba has the same resolution, yet picture is perfect. I have been through all the manus with no joy. I will need to try a DVD player just to make sure its not the panel.

8. ricey

ricey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have u tried turnin down the sharpness that will make it far better
    :smashin: