problems with set up

santana007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

i have a denon av 1705 and a sharp projector . i have my dvd conected to projector and amp .and all is a ok

i have conected my sky dish .. i have sound but no picture . does any one have any ideas

cheers

Rog :smashin:

How exactly have you connected your sky dish, to what and with what type of cable?

How exactly have you connected your sky dish, to what and with what type of cable?

Hi M8 cheers for the reply , sorry for the delay just got back in
does this help

2941967378_bd4d567e76.jpg

rog :smashin:

Where does the yellow cable out of the scart socket of sky go? Thats your video output, its composite video, so about the worse quality you can get and would probably look awful on your projector.

If you want good quality, I would reccomend getting a RGB scart to component convertor. Your projector must already have a component input as thats how your connecting your DVD. If you do get the convertor connect a Fully wired scart from the TV output of sky to the convertor, then component cables from the convertor and your DVD player to your amp. From the component out of the amp to your projector, and use the amp to switch inputs.

BTW, you don't need that scart adaptor for the audio out of sky, you can just use the red/white rca output to the right of it.

Where does the yellow cable out of the scart socket of sky go? Thats your video output, its composite video, so about the worse quality you can get and would probably look awful on your projector.

If you want good quality, I would reccomend getting a RGB scart to component convertor. Your projector must already have a component input as thats how your connecting your DVD. If you do get the convertor connect a Fully wired scart from the TV output of sky to the convertor, then component cables from the convertor and your DVD player to your amp. From the component out of the amp to your projector, and use the amp to switch inputs.

BTW, you don't need that scart adaptor for the audio out of sky, you can just use the red/white rca output to the right of it.

hi

i put all 3 R/W AND YELLOW from the scart on the sat to Vid on the amp .

as you say the projector has RGB that gives me a picture through the dvd player .
fro the projector i also have yellow i thought this should give me a picture for the sat .

i used to have 2 sats and dvd player all set upto it . just don`t understand why i have sound but no picture . i`ll take a look at the converter you have given link to .

any idea why sound but no picture from my sat i know i must have a wire wrong somewhere or the wrong bloody button pressed on the remote :lease: HEEELP before i go :suicide: lol

rog

Which input have you the yellow cable plugged into? Is it the same name as the red/white audio?

Are you running a cable from the composite (monitor) out to the projector?

Which input have you the yellow cable plugged into? Is it the same name as the red/white audio?

Are you running a cable from the composite (monitor) out to the projector?

one yellow out from the projector . re/white audio and yellow all to vid on amp = sound no picture .

i can put all 3 into any input on amp but still no picture

:(

rog :smashin:

Go into picture settings on your sky, is scart output set to 'PAL', if not set it to this.

Alternatively, swap your adaptor to the VCR output Scart of the Sky box.

What projector model is it? Presumably you are selecting the correct input for composite video?

Go into picture settings on your sky, is scart output set to 'PAL', if not set it to this.

Alternatively, swap your adaptor to the VCR output Scart of the Sky box.

What projector model is it? Presumably you are selecting the correct input for composite video?

Hi

i can`t go to picture settings on sky as i can`t get a picture

Sharp XV-Z91E .

as i say what i can`t understand is i have had a picture on this set up before .
using the wires i am using now

:smashin:

If you can't get to settings try swapping to the other scart output. It should be the VCR output, which only gives composite video out.

Have you not got a tv handy, so we can confirm the sky is actually outputing video?

If you can't get to settings try swapping to the other scart output. It should be the VCR output, which only gives composite video out.

Have you not got a tv handy, so we can confirm the sky is actually outputing video?

i have a t.v upstairs . i have to go and pick my little lad up from school if i get chance i`ll get it down when i get back , if not it will be in the morning .

i really am very greatful you are trying to help

cheers for your time so far

No problem:smashin:

As I say if getting a tv is going to be a problem, try swapping to the other scart output of sky first.

No problem:smashin:

As I say if getting a tv is going to be a problem, try swapping to the other scart output of sky first.

OK

conected sky to t.v via scart and i have a picture .

so i think it comfirms i have a wire wrong somewhere . :rolleyes:

i know it is going to be so bl**dy simple . once i get this sorted i can connect my other dish up that runs through my p.c .

How did you connect to the tv? Did you use your yellow cable out of your adaptor? or use a different scart cable?

Have you checked your display settings while you have the tv setup?

How did you connect to the tv? Did you use your yellow cable out of your adaptor? or use a different scart cable?

Have you checked your display settings while you have the tv setup?

no it is scart both ends . no yellow out .

what settings do i need it on

rog

sky menu

i have scart control = on
video output = scart

no picture through projector though

:suicide:

ok if i switch sky to RGB and put any of the RGB leads to the sky box i have a picture .
i`m thinking it could be a dodgy yellow lead . as you say RGB box might be the answer and ditch the yellow.

i might have a hunt for a cheeper one than £75 if i can find one .

rog

Yeah sounds like a dodgy lead.

As i say the problem with connecting by composite (single yellow lead), is the fact that it is the worse quality video signal you can get out of your sky box. Projecting it to 60"+ will only make it look even worse!

If you want the best out of your projector, I would definatley recommend looking at a rgb scart to component convertor as I have previously linked to.

cheers for all the advice . i`m of to maplin today to see what they have . they are pretty good . if it isn`t the answer they will refund the money without question .

i`ll let you know what happens

Hi

all sorted .. dodgy wire but i got a rgb to scart . :clap:

another question .

my projector lamp has a life of 2000 hrs . it has now done around 2050 . i have been told they can explode if they do too much . is this true . the picture looks as good now as it did when i first got it . it is a second lamp but at £300/400 a time i want it to work as long as i can .
one person at sharp said it will explode another said it will just fade .

it does seem a little daft that something like this would be made so it could send hot shards of glass around .

cheers

When my bulb went on my pannasonic, it just wouldn't come on. Bulb was replaced, timer reset and it worked again.

BTW. If you just got a component (red.green, blue) to Scart lead, it won't work, as that requires the source to support component over Scart. Sky doesn't, in fact not many devices do, its quite rare. You really need a convertor like the one I linked to. It will be powered if its a convertor.

:smashin:
When my bulb went on my pannasonic, it just wouldn't come on. Bulb was replaced, timer reset and it worked again.

BTW. If you just got a component (red.green, blue) to Scart lead, it won't work, as that requires the source to support component over Scart. Sky doesn't, in fact not many devices do, its quite rare. You really need a convertor like the one I linked to. It will be powered if its a convertor.

that is the one i have sent for , found on another site as they were sold out . just using yellow till it gets here .

mine stoped working and i reset it, old bulb now shows around 50 hrs which is 2050 . hope it dosn`t explode

cheers for the help

Rog

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom