Problems with Samsung HLM617W DLP HDTV

P

petersinh

Hi,

I just bought this set and had Direct TV installed this week. The TV is mated with a Samsung HD Tuner SIR TS160 and produces stunning HD material (unfortunately there's only one channel that comes with Direct TV non-premium package at the moment). The standard definition material is worse than the cable signal displayed on my old NTSC TV. The video feed between the tuner and TV is via a DVI connection. There are 2 issues that I am experiencing with this brand new TV set:

(1) A white thin band, approx. 1/8 of an inch thick, 18 inches long, at the bottom of the screen that flashes every few seconds. It looks like a potential vertical centering problem with the Samsung tuner DVI feed but I am not sure how to rectify it as the tuner appears to allow horizontal centering only.

(2) When the TV set was first turned on the first few times, there was a loud static, cracking sound that lasted for 10-15 minutes before it changed to a buzzing noise that has not gone away when the TV is on. The noise comes from the right rear of the TV set. The fan is located on the left rear and relatively quiet.

Have any Samsung HLM617W owners experienced these same problems? What are the remedies to fix them?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Forums !

From the references to "HD" and "NTSC" in your post, Im guessing you're not based in the UK or Europe - prob US based ??

If so, you should try avsforum.com (tell them we sent you !), which is primarily USA oriented - this Forum is mainly UK and Europe based, with members also in Austrailia and New Zealand etc. TV standard here is PAL, and HD material is not yet broadcast.

Good luck,

Sean G.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom