Problems with remote RC-709M for Onkyo TX-SR576

Snuble

Standard Member
Hi.

I have an Onkyo TX-SR576 receiver, and I am very satisfied with it.
However, i have a problem with the RC-709M Remote controller.

A friend tried to set it up so I could use the remote on my Toshiba TV, without any luck. Whats worse is that during the process, something weird happend to the remote. Most of the functions works as normal except this:

1) Volumbutton: Its now reverse.. Volum up turns the volum down, and the other way around.. Volum down turns the volum up.

2) Power on and off: This doesnt work anymore, instead everytime i push the On/standby button, the screen switches from "Source (f.eks CD) and Volum (f.eks 23) to "Source (f.eks CD) and the text All ch st".

3) Zone 2: Probably because of the power on and off failure, I can not turn on zone 2 with the remove.

I have tried to reset the remote and also tried to reset the receiver in hope of this issue getting fixed, but its still the same.

Are there anyone out there who could please help me with this issue? Its very annoying not to be able to use the remote control as supposed to..

Thank you very much in advance..

Regards
Mats

Snuble

Standard Member
Hi again..

I have sent in the questions to Onkyo suppoert aswell, but havent got any answers from them..

Is`nt there anyone who has experienced a problem like this before?
I really need help to fix the problem..

please help me.:(

Regards
Mats

DennyC

Standard Member
Hi, I have just the absolute same problem. I tried to set the remote for my Toshiba TV, but it is not working. Instead the Volume-Button is reverse now and the Standbybutton does't work anymore. Could you fix the problem by now?

Thanks for your answer!

Snuble

Standard Member
Hi. I am sorry, but Therese wasnt anything that could be done. After talking to support at abshop, i had to buy a new remote. Everything works Perfect now with the new one. Give urself a xmaspresent, buy a new remote.

DennyC

Standard Member
Hi, I could finally fix it. I took out the batteries for one night. Afterwards I resetted the remote again (but it still did not work). Afterwards I reprogrammed the SAT-Reciever and the DVD-Player again on the remote control and suddenly it worked again as usually.

Maybe you can reactivate your old one again.

Regards!

Sammer

Standard Member
I am having a similar problem...

On/off and volume up/down are not working....

I am going to try and take the batteries out overnight....

Last edited:

Sammer

Standard Member
I am having a similar problem...

On/off and volume up/down are not working....

I am going to try and take the batteries out overnight....

Left them out for 6 hours..... problems still there...

Anybody have any other suggestions...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom