Question Problems with registration of TDG-BT400A glasses on Sony KDL55-W829B

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by alive2001, Jun 21, 2015.

1. alive2001

alive2001
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i have recently purchased a Sony KDL55-W829B and whilst it is a fantastiv smart tv with a beautiful picture, I am having problems registering the 3d glasses with the set, everytime i press the button on the TDG-BT400A glasses to register, it flickers green and yellow and then nothing happens they just shut down, no message appears on the tv and they fail to work, is there something i am missing somewhere, within settings or something like that, any ideas, please?

2. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,468
    Does this help

1. When using the Active 3D Glasses for the first time, remove the battery’s insulation sheet.

[​IMG]
    2. When using the Active 3D Glasses for the first time, hold the glasses within 50 cm (1.6 ft.) of the TV, turn on the TV, then press and hold the [​IMG] (Power) button/indicator on the glasses for 2 seconds.
      The Active 3D Glasses turn on and registration starts (The [​IMG] (Power) button/indicator blinks green and yellow). When registration is finished, a message appears in the bottom right corner of the TV screen for 5 seconds, and the indicator will light up in green for 3 seconds. This process is only required one time.
      If registration fails, the Active 3D Glasses will turn off automatically. In this case, repeat the above procedure.

[​IMG]
    3. Display the content to watch in 3D on the TV screen.

4. Put the Active 3D Glasses on.
      While watching a 3D image, the [​IMG] (Power) indicator blinks green every 2 seconds.

If no 3D effect is achieved, perform the following steps.

5. Press the 3D button to display the [3D Display] screen.

(When using the Touchpad Remote Control, press the Control Bar ([​IMG]), slide the touchpad to highlight the 3D button, then press the touchpad to select.)

3. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,468
    Further, from troubleshooting section

You cannot turn the Active 3D Glasses on.
    • Replace the battery. (Applies only to TDG-BT400A/BT500A.)
      For details on how to replace the battery, press the [​IMG] button to jump to the title list. Then, press the [​IMG] button again to go to “Watching in 3D.”
      (When using the Touchpad Remote Control, press the touchpad. Then, press the touchpad again to go to “Watching in 3D” for details.)
    The LED indicator on the Active 3D Glasses blinks.
    • Lights up for 3 seconds: Indicates when turning on the glasses.
      [​IMG]
    • Blinks every 2 seconds: Indicates the glasses are powered on.
    • Blinks 3 times: Indicates the glasses have been powered off.
    • Blinks green and yellow alternately: Indicates the glasses have started the registration process.
    • Blinks 3 times every 2 seconds: Indicates the battery capacity is almost running out. Replace the battery.

4. alive2001

alive2001
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reply, but i have solved the issue, i had not turned on the bluetooth on the tv set

5. Deleted member 748607

Deleted member 748607

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

6. Deleted member 748607

Deleted member 748607

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I had a similar problem. Checked very many Internet sites and tried all the various solutions without success. Finally I telephoned Sony support. The first time I was told to take out the battery and then replace it, then to turn the TV on and press the power button on the glasses for two seconds. The yellow and green flashes appeared and after about forty seconds went off. No success registering. Repeated this a few more times without success. I was told that the glasses were faulty and to return them to the store where I bought my TV set for an exchange. When I telephoned the store I was told that they would be happy to check the Sony TDG-BT500A - active 3D Glasses for me if I took them in to the store. However as I had bought glasses via the Internet from the Sony store they could not exchange them. I then telephoned Sony technical support again. This time the support person knew what to do.

I indicated that I had already done the following:
    • ensured that the TV Bluetooth setting was ON
    • loaded a 3D disc and started to play it
    • received the message on the TV stating that the 3d Signal was detected
    The technician then asked me to:
    • check that the software was up to date (it was)
    • turn off the TV
    • turn on the TV holding the Power On button down continually ( this restarts and re-sets the TV)
    • load and start playing a 3D disc
    • holding the Sony TDG-BT500A - active 3D Glasses within 50cm from the TV screen press the Power Button on the glasses for two seconds
    • Voila! In no time at all the glasses registered.

The above worked with my Bravia KD75X8500C. Hopefully it will work with all the Sony TVs that very many people may be having trouble with the registration process.

I immediately telephoned the salesman at the store where I bought my TV and gave him this information. He was most appreciative.

It is a pity Sony do not explain that in order for the 3D system to work the Bluetooth setting needs to be ON. Quite often if there is a power failure when the TV is later turned on the Bluetooth setting has automatically reverted to the OFF position.

7. dgrams2003

dgrams2003
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. So I just picked up a 50" Bravia Sony TV and had no issues with 3D or syncing for about a week. All of a sudden, one of my 4 pairs of glasses were just flashing green/yellow for about 40 sec then went off.
    Started searching on the internet... This seems to be a pretty good problem and have not seen many official responses from Sony on it.
    The easiest solution I found was that someone toggled off the Bluetooth settings on the TV, rebooted the TV, reenabled Bluetooth, started the 3d signal and then the glasses resynced.
    Nope. Not for me.
    In fact... when I disabled and re-enabled Bluetooth... NONE of my glasses would sync after that.
    Now I was getting a little miffed.
    When I originally set up the TV, the firmware upgraded off the internet, so I know I'm at the latest and greatest.
    Not much to lose at this point - as i'm not going to call Best Buy back and put this in the hands of Geeksquad guys that wouldn't know how to troubleshoot this more than holding the button down about 5 times and then saying the TV is defective....
    So.. next thing to try was in the settings menu... I did a SETTINGS>STORAGE&RESET>FACTORYDATARESET
    The TV Reboots and wipes out all settings... like it is coming out of the box.
    (Except it still retains the latest firmware you updated the TV to... so it is much quicker to finish this time)
    Yes... you will lose your internet settings, your custom picture settings on each HDMI input (brightness, contrast, etc)
    But I whipped through it, skipping channel discovery, google setup, etc... and went straight to try my HDMI2/PS4 With 3D signal.
    This time I was able to resync all my glasses.
    So....
    Something in the TV's memory or settings for the pairing of the glasses got whacked out and it took a factory reset to fix it.
    Good enough for me. I'm a technology nerd, so it takes me minutes to get things back to the way they were. Good enough for you??!!?? (To lose ALL of your settings and start over...) That is your call, but the factory reset at least got the glasses to resync.

Hope this helps... someone. :)
    If so, give a shoutout to me at [email protected] and let me know.
    Dave