Problems With Recording Since Anytime Update

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by se4me, Apr 24, 2007.

1. se4me

se4me
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I turned down the insurance yesterday and today seems like the mice are in..!

While I am recording on my Sky+ I can not turn over the channel nothing happens.
    When I go into the program listings and select another channel it turns to the channel but all I get is a blue screen and says "Further schedle information not available"
    I can view my previous recordings, I have only just noticed the the Anytime feture so maybe the update has caused this problem.!

I can change channel fine when not recording, I have the Pace+ box
    just wondering if anyone else is having this problem and does anyone know a telephone number to contact Sky other than the 0870 numbers?
    Thanks, Chris

2. Nellie

Nellie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,

The same thing has happened with my box and the Anytime updated appeared on my machine yesterday so I'm assuming it is the cause of the problem. I have disabled Anytime via the services menu but I won't know that fixes it until the box finishes recording a programme first.

You could try ringing Sky but as it is a new software update:
    1. They will suggest a engineer visit for a not too small call-out charge.
    2. The support staff won't know of the problem.
    3. They will know of the problem but won't admit that their software has buggered up everyone's boxes.
    Or am I being too cynical?
    Paul.

3. se4me

se4me
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply I will try out disabling this feature and report back in 30 mins when my current recording has finished.
    Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. Nellie

Nellie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My recording has finished and I have just had a little play. I can now record a programme and also change channels so disabling Anytime does work. Hope it works on your box too.
    Paul

5. se4me

se4me
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After my recording finished I done another test before changing any settings and it all seems to be fine now, maybe another update..!