1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with playing DVDs on my pioneer 535

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tan1415, Mar 27, 2001.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a modified(manual) pioneer 535.
    It can play ALL DVDs.
    But it just has one problem.
    Sometimes when i play a DVD the pictures stutters(seems to fall apart)and then it just stops. The movie can't be contiued, can't even enter the menu anymore.
    The only thing i can do is eject the DVD.

The picture can't continu past this point and the only remedy is too wipe the DVD clean.

I mostly rent my DVDs. And i thought that this was the problem. But recently i had the same problem with my own nearly new "matrix" DVD.

So is this problem familiar with anyone? And is the problem the DVDs or the Player?
    I hope you can help me out.

DT

2. AndyL

AndyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same model, had a different problem with the first machine. The sound would break up when machine first switched on, until it warmed up. Though I did have this problem with the same machine a couple of times where the picture froze and I had to eject the disc, then insert again. Since the new machine everything has been fine - that was 6 weeks ago.

Best to go back to the supplier and get a replacement. Though, like me, you may have to go on a waiting list, since they are very popular.