Problems with Pioneer PDP-434HDE

Northwestman

Standard Member
Hello there guys, I to have had problems with my Pioneer plasma, I had to send the receiver to England, I live in N. Ireland by the way, they told me somehow the software has gone out of the main board, but they can't imagine how that happened, it is going to cost me £200 for the software to be installed again, I to use HDMI from my Sky HD box, I wonder if I can claim the cost back from Pioneer, I am now a pensioner and £200 is a lot of money to me. I am very new to writing on this forum so I hope I have done it ok. Thanks
Northwest man:)

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the satellite forum, but this needs to be in the TV forum, where you're more likely to get a lot of replies.
To begin with though, how long have you had the TV, what is wrong with it, and how have you gone about getting the repair done?
If you haven't actually committed yourself to that £200 bill yet, don't until you get some answers here.
You have customer protection rights that the supplier and Pioneer must honour.

Last edited:
I

IanMerseyside

Isn't there a known issue with Pioneer plasmas? I thought there used to be a long thread about it where Pioneer finally admitted liability.

cloud1

Hello there guys, I to have had problems with my Pioneer plasma, I had to send the receiver to England, I live in N. Ireland by the way, they told me somehow the software has gone out of the main board, but they can't imagine how that happened, it is going to cost me £200 for the software to be installed again, I to use HDMI from my Sky HD box, I wonder if I can claim the cost back from Pioneer, I am now a pensioner and £200 is a lot of money to me. I am very new to writing on this forum so I hope I have done it ok. Thanks
Northwest man:)
Here is the relevant link you to read to get this fixed, it has phone numbers to call too although this problem is over 5 years old so the number may no longer work!

http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/372137-pioneer-gb-ltd-warranty-support-statement-re-hdcp.html

Steve

Top Bottom