1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Pioneer LCD Touch Panel Learning Remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Bish, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Bish

Bish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Ok, i'll hold my hands up - i am actually having vast difficuly with my learning remote that was supplied with my VSA E07.

Got the amp over 2 years ago and have never really bothered with the learning remote, preferring to use dedicated remotes for DVD and TV - why?....dont know but ive finally seen sence and starting programming the remote the other night and it hasnt been all that successful.

I am trying to control the following items:

Panasonic Plasma TH42PW5B
    Arcam 88Plus DVD
    Nokia 221T freeview box

Nokia
    It will not seem to learn the on/off for the freeview box. The nokia uses the same button for muting and on/off, if you want to mute you press once, if you want to switch off you hold down for 2 seconds - this causes the remote problems.

Arcam
    It will not navigate the menu screens on DVD's. It has learnt the codes for up/down/left/right but on a menu screen it will only move ONE space up or down - ie...in the extras section of a DVD dispalying deleted sceens, tralier, bonus features, cast and crew etc... it will only move one down from its starting position - think its having "toggle issues" :eek:)

Plasma
    If i program the function button on the TV Control section (hard buttons on the right hand side of the remote) to control picture settings it will not allow me to navigate around colour, brightness, contrast, picture mode etc...

Do i have to program some numbers into it or what?, where can i get these numbers?

or should i buy a pronto?.....hmmmmm