1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Pioneer 656

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MICKEYB, Dec 24, 2002.

1. MICKEYB

MICKEYB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 545 which appears to have a problem of some flickering when using RGB. There are noticeable patches on dark colours which flicker and I believe this has been covered on other threads.

I am considering getting the Pioneer 656 to replace it , I like the fact that it has decoders for Dolby and DTS . However, I would like to know if owners of this model experience any problems with RGB.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

2. iwatkins

iwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had no problems using my 656 with RGB (over SCART). I only got it at the weekend but have watched six or seven films already and can only say that the picture is perfect on my Sony 32inch widescreen.

Cheers

Ian

3. pentode

pentode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    From other threads, this problem seems to occur when driving Panasonic televisions from Pioneer DVD players using RGB (but is ok using s-video).

I have DV656A driving an older Panasonic 4:3 television using RGB & have no problems at all with region 1 or region 2 DVDs.

4. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer 545 which I am using on a Philips TV and to be honest I have never experienced any problems with the colour and I'm using it via RGB. :)

5. MICKEYB

MICKEYB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies , all seem positive for the 656A re RGB.