Problems with pioneer 565 a

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by quiet robert, Sep 3, 2004.

1. quiet robert

quiet robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My dvd's flicker/shimmer during playback in certain scenes (usually when the background is all one colour) i've tried adjusting the contrast/brightness/chroma but the problem persists, any suggestions?

i have a sony tv

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    This could be caused by a few things, but my first guess would be that you are useing a cheap scart lead to connect the DVD to the TV. I would suggest you have a look for a good quality replacement. This does not need to be that expensive. The Thor scart lead etc is only around £20 and should give a fair improvement.
    Secondly you could be watching a composite signal. This is the lowest possible (except the old RF connection, but that is never normally on a DVD player) video signal. AFAIK all DVD players should output RGB from their scart socket. Make sure that it is set to do this in the setup menu and that the scart lead is plugged into an RGB compatable scart socket on the TV as not all of them normally are.

Mark.

3. quiet robert

quiet robert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i have a thor scart, and the dvd and tv are both set to rgb