Problems with Philips DVDR70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by papabear, Sep 10, 2005.

1. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My problem is that DVDR70 has decided to choose when to auto record with Sky sometimes it does and other times it doesn't!!
    Also it will record through to the end of the disc then erase itself and carry on record
    Is my DVDR "POSSESSED"

HELP PLEASE!!!!! :lease:

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was 2 years ago but I seemed to remember there's a note in the manual about programming two consequetive programs using Video+ codes and/or adding padding - check it out

There's also a note about continuous recording, when it gets to the end, it goes back to the beginning - this is an option - you need to switch it off

3. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Problem is I'm not using Video+ codes, I'm just setting my SKY box to Autotune then the DVDR will kick in as it turns over to the program Sometimes it records others it doesnt.

I'm wondering if it's to do with SKY's timing. Programs Lately have been starting before their supposed to, ie CSI Starts a 23.00 (according to the Guide) but it's allready on when the autotune kicks in then DVDR does not record. Other times it's OK.
    Is there a signal that starts the DVDR recording at the begining of each autotuned program and due to the times being out on SKY it doesnt pick up on it?

4. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I set my system set up in a strange way to sort this problem out. I have Sky running into a scart port on my TV and the EXT2 port of the Phillips. But then I then have a scart lead running from scart out port of the DVDR70 into a scart junction box which also has a Toshiba DVD player plugged in. So long as the DVDR70 is nominated from the junction box, I have had 100% success using the auto record function from Sky. Weird eh?