1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Philips DVD Recorder DVDR610

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Complete Novice, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Complete Novice

Complete Novice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I set the timer to record Coronation Street at 19.30 and also 20.30 but the second recording recorded over the top of the first one. Why is this? We are using DVD +RW discs. :oops:

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It shouldn't do this. Uninterrupted sequential timer recordings will normally follow one another.

Did you look at the first recording and accidentally leave its thumbnail as 'selected', before the second timer recording was made?

3. Complete Novice

Complete Novice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing was done with the DVD recorder until after both recordings had been completed

4. Complete Novice

Complete Novice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I did do was, during the recording of the first programme, I turned the TV on onto the channel which was being recorded. Could this affect it?

5. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    No, turning the TV channel on the set itself shouldn't have affected the recording.

Were you able to tell that the first recording was overwritten? Perhaps the first one just didn't occur at all and the second timing event worked. If you have the timing set to be controlled by the PDC function (which takes account of scheduling delays), then sometimes a recording will fail to be started.

6. Complete Novice

Complete Novice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recorded a film today on DVD and now want to take out the ads so that when kids watch it they don't have to search for continuation of film. Could somebody please tell me how to do this in simple step by step instructions as we have almost lost the plot with the manual and were on the verge of sticking our heads in the gas oven! :lease: